Conventional polymer tips in high BC bullets melt in flight. Hornady engineers discovered that conventional bullet tip materials in streamlined, high BC bullets melt and deform. Although not a significant issue affecting moderate BC conventional tipped varmint and hunting bullets, aerodynamic heating causes BC reduction and degradation of accuracy, particularly at extended ranges (400 yds +). To counter this effect, Hornady identified a heat resistant polymer and developed the patent pending Heat Shield tip. This revolutionary new tip creates the perfect meplat (tip) with exceptionally consistent results from bullet-to-bullet and lot-to-lot.
The Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP bullet jackets, combined with the patent pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet. ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions.
- Heat Shield Tip forms the perfect meplat
- No tip deformation from aerodynamic heating
- Extremely low drag bullet profile delivers high ballistic coefficients
- Swaged lead core provided uniformity and balance
- AMP jacket design for optimum concentricity and accuracy
- Boxes of 500: Bulk packaging
There are no reviews yet.